Office Milan - Italy
Phone +39 02 32160400
Italian / English
Expert in banking, insurance and financial regulation, Michele Crisostomo advises on transactions involving the capital markets, derivatives and loans, and also on matters of finance. Specifically, Mr Crisostomo advises banks, insurance firms and other financial firms, both Italian and international, on transactions regarding the issuance of equity, debt and convertible instruments, for sale to retail customers or by way of liability management, with respect to the conception and structuring of the transactions and of the financial instruments themselves; and the preparation of the offering and listing documentation.
Michele Crisostomo also has consummate knowledge of the laws and regulations that apply to financial intermediaries on capital adequacy, and a depth of experience in capital strengthening, including issuance of hybrid and subordinate instruments. He also advises on the laws and regulations on market abuse and related penalty procedures, and on shareholder structures.
Since May 2020, he has been Chair of the Board of Directors of Enel.
Michele Crisostomo is highly recognised for his DCM expertise, multidisciplinary approach and networking skills. He offers clients expertise in green bonds, EMTN programmes and a range of hybrid bonds.
Chambers Europe 2022/ Capital Market Debt – Band 1
“Michele Crisostomo enjoys a broad practice encompassing hybrid bond issues and EMTN programmes. Crisostomo also assists with derivatives matters. “He knows every aspects of the capital markets and of the regulatory framework,” enthuses a client.”
Chambers & Partners Global The Client’s Guide 2020/Capital Markets Debt – Band 1
“Clients report that Michele Crisostomo “really stands out for his problem-solving ability, deep knowledge of the legal frameworks and communication skills.” He advises on a range of mandates including senior bond buy-backs, EMTN programme updates and regulatory issues. Interviewees additionally underline his “outstanding ability to multi-task”.”
Chambers & Partners Europe – The Client’s Guide 2020/Capital Markets Debt – Band 1
- Degree in Law (Magna cum Laude) – Università di Bari, 1994
- ”Le banche e le imprese di investimento” in Manuale di diritto privato comunitario, edito da Nicolò Lipari, Padova, 2003.
- “Separazione e individuazione del patrimonio dei fiducianti nelle azioni reipersecutorie contro la società fiduciaria”, in Foro Italiano, 1998, I, 855.
- “Crediti del comune da concessione edilizia e surrogazione del garante” in Foro Italiano, 1997, I, 2658.
- “Sull’interpretazione del contratto: la Cassazione al di là della Manica” in Foro Italiano, 1996, I, 2853.
- “La migrazione dei Cigni di Balaka” in Giurisprudenza Italiana, 1995, I, 2, 647.
- “Contratti negoziati fuori dai locali commerciali: l’esordio di una disciplina” in Foro Italiano, 1995, I, 2304.